Friday, July 23, 2010

Monday Food Adventure


Mondays don't always have to get you down!

After my first 8 am class, I met up with a few friends to go have brunch at Plum's Cafe in Costa Mesa. But sadly, brunch ended when we got there! We were debating whether or not we wanted to stay to try their lunch menu or go to my favorite brunch place Break of Dawn. But we decided to stay, since we were already there.

Verdict: I like their breakfast menu better.

Roasted Chicken

With...
Pomme Frites

For dinner, Matt took me out to Javiars at the Irvine Spectrum. I was really good! But boy was it filling! (Sorry the pictures are so dark.)
Their Chips and salsa were amazing.
Extremely crunchy chips that shatter when you bite them, and the perfectly spicy tomato based salsa with lots of cilantro.

Cucumber Margarita

My to-die-for crab and shrimp chimichanga.
The skin was perfectly fried to a crisp and there was tons of shrimp and crab inside. The only compliant I have is that there was a little too much cheese, which made it extremely filling.
O, and the refried beans were delicious! They tasted of lardo, and you really can't go wrong with pig fat, can you?

No comments: