Tuesday, July 20, 2010

LA Adventures


New favorites that I've discovered in LA--Susina Bakery & Cafe and LuLu's Cafe.
A few friends and I went up to LA this past weekend to visit our dear friend who is now working at the Norton Simon she took us to a little bakery for coffee before we went out to the Grove's Farmer's Market for lunch.

Susina was amazing! They had a dozen varieties of little confections and cookies to go with a delicious cup of coffee. Silly me though, I bought a hot cup of House Hazelnut when it was 90+ degrees out. But it went great with the cute little cookies that I bought. They also had a wide selection of other sweets, salads, and sandwiches as well.



I also bought these little green tea candies which are full of tea flavor. It's a great alternative to after meal breath mint. O, and they're imported from Italy. How could I say no?

I forgot to take a picture while I was there, but I borrowed this one from (http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/wgwFg_lt1tdMEopW2ED8tQ?select=oRQSmSErTPDG2F7tdzbtxQ)

Giant turkey croissant and a pacific passion smoothie at the Farmer's Market. This may be one of my favorite places to eat in LA.

The next morning, we went to eat at LuLu's cafe which was great...except for the two cockroaches we saw. One of which crawled on our bench as we were eating. Definitely not pleasant. However, the food came in huge portions, and was very good.


I had the bagel and lox platter. Who knew that apple cinnamon jelly, cream cheese, and lox would go so well together on a toasted bagel?


No comments: