Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ratatouille...Well, Almost

After a long day of grocery shopping at the farmer's market at 8a.m., going to the gym, hanging out at the sauna (that was a first for me!), and doing tons of work for my classes--the last thing I wanted to do was cook a complicated meal for dinner.
Voila!
My own spin on ratatouille--after watching the movie of course--with the ingredients I already had in my fridge and pantry.
It was incredibly easy (it took about 30 mins to prep AND cook. O, and did I mention that this is a one pot meal? LOVE.)
I had a nice big bowl with a big chunk of crusty vegan bread for dinner (Actually, I lied, I had two big bowls with two large chunks of crusty bread...but that's because I'm madly in love crusty bread slathered with Irish butter!)
I like to add crushed red chili flakes and an hint of lemon juice to mine, just to jazz it up a bit!
Most, if not all, ratatouille recipes make huge pot fulls--so invite a bunch of friends over for a casual rustic French dinner.

No comments: