Friday, August 6, 2010

Pakistani Dinner

I've really grown fond of Pakistani food ever since I found Silver Spoon in Irvine. Not very many people know about Pakistani food, and admittedly, I don't either. It's difficult for me to distinguish between Indian food and the various types of Middle Eastern cuisine. Now someone who well educated in the differences maybe scoffing at me, "Well, of course, they're different!" And slowly I'm learning, I just prefer to learn in a hand-on fashion.


Palak Paneer
I know, I know, I thought it too when I first opened the lid..."Well, look-y here, they gave me baby boo boo". I don't mean to offend, but it didn't look particularly appetizing at first, but hey, I bought it, so of course I was going to at least try it. And well, I LOVED IT. This spinach curry was full of spices and full of flavor. To my surprise, those large white blocks in the curry were cheese. CHEESE?! Blew my mind!

Palak Paneer, Chicken Tikka Boneless, Paratha
I think Paratha is my new favorite thing on earth. It's crispy, and chewy, and just has the perfect texture for curry.

Chicken Tikka Boneless and Paratha
The chicken tikka boneless has a great yogurt flavor and was incredibly moist and went great with the paratha.

No comments: