Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicken Giblet Pho


I've always favored beef pho--don't know why, just have. I have given chicken pho a chance before...but it was bland and only had white meat. I didn't see why anyone would crave chicken pho when you can have bold beef broth, tripe, raw steak, and brisket (that is, until I found Bun Bo Hue, but that's a whole nother story).

Then a friend of mine took me to Turtle Tower in High School, a place that specializes in chicken pho. "Really?" I thought to myself, "A chicken pho place?"
My previous misconceptions about chicken pho quickly vanished with one taste of Turtle Tower. The broth was rich and concentrated with chicken flavor, the noodles were like a hybrid of pho and ho fun noodles, and they have chicken giblet pho. Ok, this place is a keeper.

Chicken giblet pho with gizzard, liver, intestine, unlayed egg, white and dark meat, and tons of cilantro and scallions.

Beef pho just got the boot.

No comments: