Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bailey's (Irish Coffee) Marbled Cheesecake

For the sake of St. Patties day, I thought I'd pick up baking again just for a day.

Though it doesn't look festively St. Patrick's Day (as in, you won't find clovers or green sprinkles here). It's definitely Irish to the core. What do I mean? Well, I've taken a Bailey's marbled cheesecake recipe from (which I suppose already implies "St. Patties Day treat") and made it my own by adding espresso for kind of an Irish coffee feel. Minus the Jameson. Sorry, whiskey folk.


4Tbs unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
3Tbs sugar
1/4C unsweetened cocoa powder
2Tbs ground instant espresso
1 pkg Honey Maid Graham Crackers, ground to crumbs

Combine butter, sugar, espresso, cocoa, and crumbs.
Press evenly in bottom of a 9in. spring form pan
Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Let cool.
Grease the sides of pan.


3 8 ounce pkgs cream cheese, softened
3/4 C sugar
3 eggs
3/4 C Bailey's Irish Cream
2 Squares (2 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
3-4 Tbs ground instant espresso

Beat cream cheese until smooth.
Gradually beat in sugar.
Beat in eggs one at a time.
Blend in Bailey's.
Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the melted chocolate, and stir in espresso
Pour 1/2 of the plain mixture into prepared pan.
Drizzle with half of the chocolate mixture.
Repeat layers.
Create desired marbled design with a butter knife.

As you can tell from the picture, I had some cosmetic issues with my cake (I'm definitely not an avid baker)--the more my cheesecake cooled the more cracked it became, any suggestions on how to prevent that?

As much as I love espresso, I think I was a little too generous with the amount in both the crust and the filling--I'll look into tweaking that this weekend.

P.S.: Stay posted for pics from my trip to Yountville. It includes pictures of what Matt and I had at Bouchon!

No comments: