Monday, May 3, 2010

Chinese Please

Ok, so every time I share this piece of information with my friends, I tend to get scoffed at, but I'm going to share it here anyways.
Alright...here goes:

I'm am not a big fan of Chinese food (as in Chinese take-out/ fast food), nor do I really like rice.

There...I said it!

BUT, what hold dear to my heart is really authentic and region specific Chinese food. And I've found that being away at college for four years--moving from San Francisco (a mecca of Chinese food, not to mention accessible at EVERY corner) to Orange County where the Chinese population is like 2%, if even, (don't quote me on that one,it's not a real statistic, more like an observation), it has actually made me miss and love Chinese food. Crazy...I guess distance does make the heart grow fonder.

Thousand Year Old Egg with Pork Liver and Kidney Porridge
( I would be a master on Fear Factor)

Fish Fillet Wonton Noodle Soup


No comments: