Monday, May 10, 2010

Lazy Saturday Morning



Just what we needed--a relaxing Saturday morning brunch at The Cannery Restaurant in Newport Beach.
Matt and I've picked up food from the boat dock before when we rented a boat and we thought that food was good then, but let me assure you, it's MUCH better when you dine in the restaurant.


Rich, creamy clam chowder with TONS of clams and incredibly crusty and warm bread; it was one of the thickest chowders I've ever had...maybe a little too rich for me.

Steamed mussels and clams in a delicious white wine sauce with cream. It was the perfect balance of flavorful wine, garlic, and shallots. The mussels and clams were perfectly cooked--there's really nothing better than fresh, perfectly cooked shell fish in a rich savory sauce with lots of lemon.

Lobster roll!!! I wish I hadn't gotten so full off of the chowder and the steamed shellfish because this lobster roll was amazing! It was a lobster claw meat salad stuffed into a crisp, buttery, brioche served with perfectly cooked fries and a marinated portabello.

Matt and I decided that we HAVE to go back there again so that we can fully enjoy lobster roll. Next time, we won't start with two creamy dishes and end with a buttery brioche...

No comments: