Monday, May 3, 2010

We Made Pizza & The Baby Birds Are Growing Up!

What a find--fresh whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's.

Matt and I have been meaning to buy some fresh pizza dough from our neighborhood Italian market and try our hands at dough rolling/ tossing/ flaring? (That's what Matt wanted to try his hands at, but sadly, I discouraged it because I wanted pizza in my belly, not on the floor)
But since we never get home in time to buy dough from the Italian market before it closes, I was ecstatic to have found some at Trader Joe's (and whole wheat dough at that!)

Our pizza turned out square, but it was fun playing with the dough. We're by no means pizza chefs, but we're working on it!
(topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, TONS of prosciutto, fresh basil, salt and pepper, and arugula--I love fresh rocket lettuce on my pizza.)


Pinot Grigio with my pizza? Why, certainly.
(Still not a huge fan of white wine. It was a little too sweet for me, but it went well with the pizza)

And...
Baby birdies!
Look how big they've grown!
They have bright yellow beaks now and can open their eyes--adorable!
Matt and I peek into the cypress every time we walk in and out of his front door.

No comments: