Monday, May 10, 2010

Omakase

Yes, well, it's that time of year again.

Matt and I have made it tradition that we go to an omakase sushi place about ever six months, and this time it's about six months over due (probably because we indulged in New York).


I LOVE nigiri, and what better way to have it then having the sushi chef choose the freshest fish for you? We usually go to Sushi Wasabi, which is a small omakase style Japanese restaurant that Matt lives near, but we decided to be adventurous this time and try a new place--Ohshima. The sushi chef was incredibly friendly, funny, and you could tell that he really loves his job (that and he had some sake on the job...makes cutting fish more exciting I guess)


O, and I can't forgot to mention that we saw someone order torched wagyu so after an 8 piece omakase, guess what we ordered...
...Why yes, I would love some flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth, beef that is lightly torched for a caramelized flavor please.

If 8 pieces of fresh sushi isn't enough for you--you can get the 10 piece, if that's still not enough, you can get the 12 piece...

OR

...you can get the WAGYU...if I were you, that's what I'd opt for.

Funny story: the lady who sat next to us, bless her heart, asked Matt (in the middle of our meal) "Excuse me, how do you get the chef to continuously give you one piece at a time like that?"

Answer: OMAKASE, you have to try it!

No comments: