Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No Better Way To Spend a Sunny Evening

After two torturous weeks of minimal sun and tons of rain, the sky decided to treat us to a week of fabulous sunshine and warmth. Yes, enjoying the sun IS my excuse for having not blogged in over a week. But I'm back, now that the sun is saying farewell once again and the stormy winds are picking up. I'm sad to see the sun go, but at least I'll be (semi)-consistently posting again.

I really can't think of a better way to spend a warm evening than with sushi, tons of sake, and meeting new people who will treat you to sake and dessert at the sushi bar (more on this in a bit).

Sake nigiri

Cold sake and an ice cold sapporo (they're from CANADA!!....I know, I couldn't believe it either)

Amaebi

Oyster Shooter with a quail egg.
It was after this shooter, that the impressed couple at the other side of the bar bought Matt and I a shot of junmai sake and shared part of their fried ice cream with us at the end of their meal. And yes, those would be the tips of Matt's fingers--he could hardly wait.

Now is that a great way to spend a sunny evening or what?

Fried amaebi heads
Halibut with a shiso leaf (my absolute favorite!)

If you're thinking, "Wow, they had a VERY small meal", I'm proud to let you know there was also a rather hefty seaweed salad and karage chicken. Don't worry, we haven't changed THAT much in one week.

No comments: