Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best Steak In Town

If you're on the search for the best steak in San Francisco, I'm almost certain that I've found it.

Three words: Bone-in Filet Mignon. Those three words should say it all. The most tender, most flavorful piece of Filet Mignon I've ever had. I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of filet mignons--they're more expensive and less flavorful than say a sirloin. Other than looking incredibly fancy while eating it, I really don't see what the big deal is; I'd take a hanger steak over a filet any day. Though, I have to say, a well aged, bone-in, perfectly med-rare, filet mignon at Boboquivari's has me converted--they made me eat my words! (Along with the delicious filet, to-die-for brussel sprouts, and the mac and cheese...in the wise words of Charlie Sheen,"Winning!")


We brought our own bottle of wine, from A.G.Ferrari Foods, of course. This has quickly become one of my favorite wines because of it's very unique violet and blueberry nose and palate.
If you've looking for a wine to go with cold cuts and cheese, this would go perfectly!

How could you not love a place that brings you half a loaf of warm bread drenched in olive oil and topped with olives and garlic? What's not to love?


The most beautiful, buttery filet I've ever laid eyes on.

Brussel sprouts, panchetta, capers, and parm shavings.
If you think you're not a fan of brussels, this WILL change your mind.

Originally, we had ordered the baked yam, but somehow we ended up with the mac and cheese; one order mistake that I will never regret. If you can image the most smelly cheese (perhaps blue cheese) combined with the smoothest, richest bachamel and then baked until the top was golden brown and crispy; you'd get Bobo's mac and cheese.

The damage done.

I'm a sucker for all things pistachio, panna cotta, mango, and creme anglais...Boboquivari's combined all four into a dessert--I really cannot think of anything more heavenly and more perfect. Though I wish the panna cotta was a bit smoother, it was just bursting with pistachio flavor and the mango creme anglais made a perfect pairing to the pistachio.

On a side note: The table next to us had ordered the whole crab, which totally made me salivate as we were waiting for our steaks to come out. Matt and I will definitely be back for the surf side of Bobo's.
Until next time.

No comments: