Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Horrible Combination

I have been noticing that something has gone awfully awry. In an effort to get back in shape by going out ordering all things pork and never working out, my pocketbook is getting slimmer while I on the other hand have gained a few pounds...it's rather strange isn't it?

Well, noting this unflattering trend, I've decided to get back into cooking so that I can more accurately control what I'm eating. And these have been my cooking adventures thus far.

Skirt steak "pin-wheel" with parsley, garlic, lemon zest center, and a side of roasted brussel sprouts and mushrooms.



Halibut in a pouch: Red bell peppers, Sweet and hot jarred peppers, tapenade, garlic, and of course, halibut



"Parchment paper pouch" is my new favorite cooking method.

Hearts of palm salad.
Lentil soup with Focaccia

All of them turned out pretty well, considering the only recipes I follow are the ones that I concoct in my head while in the grocery store! Hopefully, more will come to me soon.

No comments: