Friday, February 18, 2011

Chop Bar

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

This post is coming to you all a little late, and I do apologize. I hit a small blogging road block, but now I'm back and bombarding you with photos and fun finds.

For Valentine's Day Dinner (Matt and I had...3 Valentine's Day dinners--one the Friday before at One Market; delish, then one the Sunday before at Izakaya Sozai; a small plate favorite, and then one the Tuesday after at Chop Bar in Oakland)

All three were very good! And I guess you're wondering why we celebrated the days leading up to Valentines day and the day after but not on good'ole Valley Day itself. Well, it's because I've taken up a wine class and it's every Monday night, plus EVERYONE is out eating fancy on Feb. the fourteenth. Soooo, with this huge ball of different circumstances, the result for us was three dinners. (And who's complaining?)

But everyday is V-Day anyways.

Chop Bar, you are a true gem! http://www.oaklandchopbar.com/


If you didn't tell me this ham was from KENTUCKY (I know, I gawked too), I'd have guessed Serano.
Ham with Pear and Bread

Osso Bucco with Creamy Polenta and dried figs
Like Butta

Pappardelle with Lamb Ragout, Fresh Fetta, and Kalamata

Dessert Wine
O and did I mention they have wine ON TAP?...That within itself is reason to check this place out (well that and their MONTHLY PIG ROAST...but that's not starting up again until April as we were informed, so their regular menu is all I have to admire for now.)

No comments: