Monday, June 28, 2010

Zero Calorie Noodles? Get Out Of Town!

Matt and I are trying to eat healthy again after a 2 month fatty food splurge. I mean, it's summer and we live near a ton of beach towns where your beach bod matters! So it's time to shape up and look for new low cal, high protein, and delicious ideas. Sounds impossible after so many days of burgers, creamy soups, and whatever the hell we want!
What's even more impossible is finding a healthy bowl of noodle soup.
How could we ever survive with out it? (This is really what the diet breaker is: noodle soup)


Well, we've found it!
Yam noodles.
They have the texture that's a cross between rice noodles, vermicelli, and jelly fish.
It says on the package: "0 calories"
How is it possible?...I have no clue. But I'm taking it and running with it!
So to night, we had yam noodles in a kimchi stew with beef. Healthy, delicious, and gilt free!
I haven't felt this way in a while! (I lied! I was totally guilt free after eating all those fatty foods until I got on a scale. In fact I had a grin from ear to ear after that elk burger with duck egg, wild boar bacon, and lamb belly...damn scales!)




No comments: