Monday, June 14, 2010

Grilled Cheese Madness!!!!

I had never craved a grilled cheese as badly as I had after watching The Devil Wears Prada--Jarlsberg grilled cheese to be exact.

Personally, I love Jarlsberg because for being a swiss cheese, it's not nearly as pungent or smelly as most swiss cheese that I've become accustomed to (and frankly, which I don't really like). But ah, Jarlsberg...how I adore thee. It's got the perfect combination of smelly swiss, and stringy, melty-ness that make for a great grilled cheese.

I was hungry and ambitious this time around (usually I just slap two slices, yes TWO slices, of Jarlsberg between two slices of bread, throw it in the George Foreman and call it a meal) but...this time put a ton of other goodies in it too--sautéed mushrooms, black forest ham, arugula, sourdough bread, Irish butter, salt, pepper, and Gruyère to be exact. And that made for an incredibly hearty meal!





No comments: