Monday, June 14, 2010

Masochism: Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself?

I know I can't keep up with Matt in the race to who can eat the spiciest foods...but even KNOWING this for a FACT, I still subject myself to the pain that is--Sichuan hot pot. Why? Well, because even though it makes my mouth want to breathe fire, my nose run uncontrollably and unattractively, and my face hurt in general...it's delicious--which is why I like to call it, "masochism".




Looks kind of like lava, huh?
Felt like it too...


Delicious assortment of goodies to boil in the spicy broth!
I love hot pot in general because it's like a social affair. I could sit there for hours among family and friends chatting and having a great time along with a great meal.

However, this was quite a silent meal, except for the occasional blowing of the nose or sucking in of air to cool off my mouth. It was too painful to speak.
THE SINGLE SPICIEST BOWL OF NOODLES I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
Mistake: Boiling noodles in a pot of painfully spicy broth that had reduced by half the broth from when we started...definitely lethal.

If you're up for the challenge, you definitely need to try Lu Gi in San Gabriel.

No comments: