Monday, June 28, 2010

Chimichurri


I was watching the Food Network at the gym last week (I can't even begin to tell you how bad of an idea this is...but I still run on the treadmill and drool over food images every time I hit the gym), and I saw the handsome Tyler Florence making chimichurri. I thought to myself, "OMG! that must be that green sauce that I love so much at Peruvian restaurants." So after the gym, guess where I went?
Yes.
Straight to the grocery store.

I used Tyler's recipe as the frame work of my chimichurri, but really, this is my take on it.

1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch parsley (flat leaf or regular)
3-5 cloves garlic
4-5 stems fresh oregano
3 Serrano peppers
3 limes
1/4 cup olive oil (I eye-balled the olive oil)
salt and pepper to taste

Finely chop the cilantro, parsley, oregano, peppers, and garlic.
Put into a bowl.
Add olive oil until sauce-like
Squeeze limes to taste
Add salt and pepper to taste


Its great with chicken, fish, and amazing with a soft roll.

*Note: you can also put all the ingredients into a blender and then stream in the olive oil, as if you were making a dressing, for a smoother sauce.

I have definitely fallen in love with this recipe and I think you will to!

No comments: