Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dragon Beard Candy

O my God. Why didn't i know about such a delicious little confection earlier? My parents have been holding out on me, claiming that I've had it before. And when I insisted that I had never seen anything like it, they're reaction was, in a nut shell, "You've been missing out...BUT...try it now." Yes, thank you parents.


It kind of looks like a dragon beard doesn't it? It's made from long thin strands of sugar wrapped around a mixture of chopped peanuts and granulated sugar like a cocoon. The texture was interesting. Once you take a bite of this candy, the sugar strands melt into a tiny chewy piece of sugar and that mixed with the roasted chopped peanuts and more sugar--oh, man, it was yummy. My only complaint is that I wish it were a little sweeter. I know, it's sugar wrapped around sugar, how could it not be sweet? I think it was because there wasn't enough granulated sugar in the peanut mixture, just a tad more would have really heightened the flavor of the peanuts.

This yummy and messy little candy can be found at Coi Palace in Daly City. Enjoy. I'll definitely be back for more real soon.

No comments: