Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Craving Satisfied

I can't even begin to tell you how long I've been reading cupcake recipes and how long I've been craving these black bottom cakes. I think what I really love about these are that they're both a chocolate cake and a cheese cake, all in one. It makes my inner (and outer) fat kid smile.



I had a recipe for black bottom cake that I was ready and excited to try. (True story). But then when I went to the grocery store, they were having a sale on cake mix, 88 cents per box for devils food.
Light Bulb.
SO I cheated. Sue me. I wanted cake, and I wanted them quick.


However! I did make the cream cheese filling from scratch and tweaked the recipe a found.
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened, leave it out for about an hour or two)
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1tsp vanilla extract or a cap full of vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt

*Fill each paper cup lined tin 1/3 of the way up with the chocolate batter, and then dollop each with a spoon of cream cheese mixture. I added semi-sweet chocolate chips for fun, but you can omit them if you'd like.




Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes and voila. Light, airy black bottom cakes.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I devoured 5 right out of the oven. Yeah. They were that good.

No comments: