Thursday, March 11, 2010

Le Bernardin GAWK!






Finally! Seriously, Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert are at the top of my "To Meet" list. Le Bernardin was something that I had been looking forward to for SO long. These are just some of the pictures Matt and I took of our 7 course meal, which was phenomenal! I think it was better than I had expected, which was a pleasant surprise!
The highlight was the raw tuna as the first course with fois gras and a crispy thin baguette, oil, lemon, and chives...I DIE! It was so fresh and such a great balance of rich and fresh flavors.
Desert is always the best part of the meal...and this time there was TWO! They were unforgettable.
First was a cheese course--marscarpone in a coffee shell. Amazing! I was so impressed by the coffee shell--it was a sugar shell and coffee flavored sweets tend to overpower other flavors but this was very subtle but present.
That was seriously good enough for me, that cheese course was going to be hard to top.
But being Eric Ripert, how could I even doubt him for a second?
He topped it.
The last desert had liquid pear. LIQUID PEAR! I didn't think Eric Ripert would stray away from the traditional and explore molecular gastronomy...but he did with this desert, and IT WORKED!

On top of an amazing meal...WE SAW ERIC RIPERT!!!! ....still melting....

No comments: