Friday, June 3, 2011

NightLife

Last night a few friends and I went to Night Life at the Academy of Sciences. I grew up going there on field trips and for family trips but it's changed a lot over the years. What I love about Night Life is it gives us older folk a chance to enjoy the Academy of Sciences without children running around. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but sometimes it's nice just to sip on a glass of wine and roam the exhibits.

What does all of this have to do with food?

Well, in addition to the food that they sell in the main room and in their cafeteria, last night they were promoting sustainable fishing and Hog Island was invited to the event to serve their Hog Island Sweet oysters. Free oysters? Why yes, I'd love some.

Being the oyster-loving freaks we are, Matt and I got in line 3 or 4 times for the o-so-good oysters with hog wash. O, you know you would have done the same!


2 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Looks like so much fun!! I love living in cities like that :)

The Empy Lunch Pail said...

If you're ever in San Francisco on a Thursday night, you should definitely check it out! =)