Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fresca

A quick post before I run out the door.

Tuesdays are my mom's day off, which means it's our little excuse to have a girls lunch out with my aunt. This week, we went to Fresca on Fillmore. I remember in high school my friends and I would frequent Fresca--finding this place (we went to the one in West Portal) was like finding gold. Eating there now brings back so many memories of dining about town, finding great restaurants like Fresca and thinking we knew about the best of the best. I now know that was not true. But in any case, those were some of the best years of my life to date.

To be honest, I haven't been to Fresca since...well, maybe once. I used to always get the chicken pesto sandwich and for old times sake we got it again on Tuesday. We also tried the ahi ceviche and the paella. The food is just as good as I remembered it. Makes me want to catch up with old friends again. How nostalgic of me.

Ceviche

Chicken pesto
Love their fries! They remind me of In n Out but thicker cut. No complaining here.

Amazing Paella
Don't forget to ask for hot sauce. Don't worry, it's not Tapatio or Tobasco, that is unless you like that over the real deal.

Time to brave the weather--wish me luck!

No comments: