Monday, May 23, 2011

No Boots Here

I honestly can't say that I crave German food all that often.

1) I'm not a huge fan of spaetzle, brauts, or beer
2) German food puts me in a serious food coma

So what made us seek out hofbrauhaus on a weekday after work?
The novelty of drinking lots of beer out of a boot...which by the way, this hofbrau didn't even have...(and I've still never had the opportunity to do).

Despite that, I'm so glad we went, because the food is incredible! I think we'll be having German food again real soon...especially because we didn't satisfy our boot craving.

Homemade Gravlax
I adore gravlax. I remember when Matt and I first found out about it, we really wanted to take a stab at making our own but we never got around to doing it. This definitely lit a fire under our butts to really give it a try.

Spaetzle with Ham
Move over mac n cheese, this spaetzle is amazing!
I've never had spaetzle like this, heck, I didn't even like spaetzle until this crusty, cheesy dish came out. I am crazy about mac n cheese, especially when it's baked and golden brown on top, it's irresistible. Now I think I'm in love, but only because it disguised itself as mac n cheese.

No comments: