Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lake Louise Buffet

Finally, the Lake Louise Buffet. The meal that I've been waiting for since day one of this trip.

To my disappointment, the selection was limited, not as expansive as say... the Wynn in Las Vegas.

Knowing me, I made an effort to try a bit of everything: the potato salad, the shrimp cocktail, the deviled eggs, the roast pork with apple sauce from the carving station, the lox (of course...it's Canada), the chicken, and the snapper; but my favorite of all were the king crab legs (o...but this was all before I hit the desert table by storm of course). They were a bit difficult to crack open since, to my surprise, they weren't pre-crack nor was a nut cracker or shears provided. One can really chip a tooth or two trying to use man power to crack those legs open.
When I arrived back at my seat after filling my plate with a small selection of food, the waiter came around to our table and asked us what we wanted to drink: orange juice or cranberry juice. And being somewhat of an adventurous young lady, I daring asked for half oj and half cran.
"Can i get half and half please?"
"Sure! Of course!" the waiter delightedly replied, "That's a very good choice!"

Now, the meal was okay, not the BEST buffet I've ever eaten (The Wynn in Vegas still remains number one), I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5. But the most memorable part was the passion fruit mousse. To die for. Tangy, tart, and deliciously sweet passion fruit mousse topped with vanilla bean whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, and a dot of raspberry coolie in a mini champagne flute. Say what?! Crazy right! This was the single most memorable part of the entire meal. My mouth waters just thinking about it!

No comments: