Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who's Complaining?



Crab two days in a row is NEVER a bad idea, and I can vouch for that.

Day 1:
The family and I went out for a Chinese dinner at Superior Palace to celebrate me getting an internship with our long time favorite Italian specialty store, A.G. Ferrari.

Along with many other things, we had my favorite, salted duck egg yolk fried crab and fried kabocha squash. Heavenly.
I love this dish because flecked throughout the batter around the crab and the squash are the smashed salted egg yolks and it just adds such a unique savoriness to the tender and juicy fresh crab meat that is unbeatable.


Day 2:
PPQ on Clement with Matt.

We had the peppercorn crab. Although the service was HORRENDOUS (we're never going back there again), the crab and the garlic noodles definitely saved the night. The garlic and peppercorn mixture on top of the crab, o my goodness, I could eat that by the spoonful.




And of course we had to order a side of garlic noodles--it just seemed like the right thing to do at a Vietnamese French fusion crab and garlic noodle place.
The noodles were OK, they were a bit too greasy for me, and they weren't garlic-y enough (a spoonful of the crab toppings did the trick though). I like the crab and garlic noodles at La Vie on Geary much better (as well as the service!)

No comments: