Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Berry Sauce

I started my day off at 9 a.m. and went straight to studying and of course while I was studying I was simultaneously watching the Food Network. Dangerous! Because this gave me, what I call, the "cooking itch", the need to make something and pretend like you're on a cooking show, so you talk to yourself while cooking.
Basically, the less embarrassing version of this story would be..."out of hunger and rummaging through my pantry..." I found plain yogurt, granola, frozen strawberries, blueberries, and raspberry jam...thus resulting in making a berry sauce for a PARFAIT!

Berry sauce recipe:

1/2 frozen strawberries
1 handful of dried wild blueberries
1/4 cup ginger ale
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon raspberry jam

Put the frozen strawberries, ginger ale, and balsamic in a small pot and let come to a boil.
When it boils turn down the heat to a medium until the strawberries look completely defrosted.
Add the dried blueberries, honey, and raspberry jam. Let it come back up to a boil.
Add lemon juice, and turn down to a simmer and let simmer for about 10 mins or until the liquid has reduced by 1/4 or until it looks like a syrup.

let cool.

serve with ice cream, yogurt, or whatever you like to have berry syrup/ sauce with!
It's so good! It's amazing what things you can concoct right out of your pantry!

No comments: